In response to Covid-19, we are working with the local voluntary and community sector to support as many people as we can. We encourage you to share this page with anyone who wants to help during this difficult time.
If you're worried you may have Covid-19, please follow the advice from the NHS, which you can find here. If you want to know more about what the government is doing to tackle Covid-19, take a look at Public Health England's advice here.
Please note that our office at Crayford Manor House is now closed and our team is working remotely. You can contact us at
or call 0300 302 0056.
Select from the options below to find out more about how BVSC are supporting local action to address Covid-19
We really appreciate the offer of support from anyone willing to offer it. At the moment, we have set up a volunteering scheme to match those who can help with charities and community groups in need. No matter what kinds of skills you have to offer, if you've volunteered before, or even if you're isolated yourself, there will be charities and community groups who need you.
We also really encourage Bexley residents to check on their neighbours. Not everyone will be online and googling solutions, so we need to reach out as best we can. Click here to find out the location of local Bexley based Covid Mutual groups or how to set up a group yourself.
Got a question on this? Email
or call 0300 302 0056
Every charity and community group will have different needs and challenges at the moment. If you're experiencing increased need please do fill out this webform so we can best support you through this difficult time.
It's also a good idea to stay up to date on the guidance below.
NCVO have a guide here about what Covid-19 will mean for charities: https://www.ncvo.org.uk/practical-support/information/coronavirus
London Funders are currently calling for funders to stand with the sector during this time, and accept reasonable disruption to programmes. Keep up to date on their work here:https://londonfunders.org.uk/about/covid-19
Getting started with working remotely? Take a look at the options below and contact
or call 0300 302 0056 if you need support setting this up.
- Slack: A free app that lets you use audio and video calling as well as a chat function to stay in touch.
- Teams: Whether you use Microsoft 365 or not, you can use Teams to chat, call, video call and share files. It also has a phone app for on-the-go use- completely free!
- Trello: a free project management app that your whole team can use to co-ordinate on projects.
- Yay: For running an office phone line when you’re out of the office. This enables calls to our landline to be forwarded to a mobile as a 0330 number (you can pick the number)
- Zoom: Run virtual meetings on this free (to a point) app. It includes video and audio calling and you can have up to 100 attendees.
We know it's not easy to self-isolate, but we're grateful on behalf of Bexley's vulnerable people that you've decided to step back for a while and lower the risk of infection for everyone. If you're looking for a charity or a community group to help you out during this hard time, take a look at the links below to get started.
We have been working with Bexley Council and local Mutual Aid and community groups to make sure we are reaching all Bexley people who need a helping hand and connecting them with charities, volunteers, and community groups. These groups and the London Borough of Bexley are now best placed to help residents so we are closing our “request for help” form. BVSC and the Volunteer Centre will be focusing our efforts on supporting local volunteers and charities to work together to deliver essential services over the coming months.
If you or a loved one need support during this time please contact:
Bexley Coronavirus helpline: 020 3045 5398, click here for more information: https://www.bexley.gov.uk/news/bexley-coronavirus-helpline-020-3045-5398
Or find your local Mutual Aid group here: https://covidmutualaid.org/resources/
Other links that might be helpful:
- Bexley Care Hub- services for adult carers and adults who need care: https://carehub.bexley.gov.uk/web/portal/pages/home
- Bexley Local Offer- support for SEND/disabled children: http://www.bexleylocaloffer.uk/
- Our Community Directory: https://bvsc.co.uk/directory
Charities and community groups in Bexley are currently doing all they can to help during this outbreak. Please consider donating to a local charity to help these works continue.