The Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, as recognised by Mental Health First Aid England.
Attendees will obtain:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or an appropriate supportive service.
What to expect
Numbers are limited per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the two days you'll get a certificate to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
More information can be found at the MHFA England website, www.mhfaengland.org
This course is normally a chargeable couse but is being offered through funding from the Lottery.
About the Facilitator
Graeme has over 25 years of practical experience of team development and leadership in the insurance industry leading teams charged with delivering robust business facing operational services. He is a director of the CIC, Equilibrium for Life, and founder of the Mindful Horse. He has been delivering training and coaching in workplace and alongside horses for nearly 10 years. Graeme has worked with clients as diverse as young people from Pupil Referral Units, fellows of Oxford University, and the executive team of a Global Construction business. He also provides Mindfulness training to clients of the Mental Health charity MIND.
Refreshments and Lunch is provided for both days on this course. Please let us know if there are any dietary requirements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.