Support for organisations
The Volunteer Centre exists to promote, support, and develop volunteering in Bexley. Many people will know us through our brokerage service for volunteers, but we also offer guidance and information for volunteer managers. We are part of a national network of local volunteering development agencies, and are accredited by NCVO through the Volunteer Centre Quality Accreditation, which demonstrates our high standards and service across the five core functions of a Volunteer Centre's work.
Here's how we can help:
- Volunteer Centre Bexley can promote your volunteering opportunities on our online database of voluntary work, and through face-to-face or telephone interviews with potential volunteers.
- Our range of information sheets and template documents cover most issues faced by volunteer managers.
- Our Volunteer Centre team are happy to answer any queries on managing volunteers.
- We run training courses on volunteering issues as part of BVSC's training programme.
- We are happy to look over any policies and procedures relevant to volunteering.
Our online database of volunteering opportunities allows people interested in giving their time to search for opportunities across Bexley. We also arrange regular one to one sessions for potential volunteers to find their perfect roles. If you'd like your roles to be included please email our team at
We'll ask you to fill out some simple forms to register your organisation and describe the roles you'd like us to upload to the database. Do remember that the better the information you give us, the more informed potential volunteers will be. If you'd like further guidance we have an information sheet on creating a volunteer role.
We hope our range of information sheets will be helpful, but are always happy to answer questions about any aspect of volunteer involvement. Contact our team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01322 315389. We are also happy to look over role descriptions, policies and procedures and give advice on volunteering strategies.