Seniors In Touch is an exercise and lunch club for the over 50s based at Lakeview Court, Thamesmead. The post-holder will be responsible for the delivery and co-facilitating of a range of weekly practical and emotional support activities to the over fifties facing loneliness, social isolation and emotional health problems. Our users come from Thamesmead and its environs and we have 45 weekly sessions in the year.
You will also facilitate activities (Sing-Along, Day Trips, Health Talks) of the Orbit Housing Schemes when required and as agreed by Orbit and SIT.
You must have:
• A passion for caring for the elderly and their families
• A warm friendly approach which is respectful and professional
• Excellent communication and listening, skills.
• Experience in organising activities and events
• Ability to motivate and engage people
• Basic IT Skills
• Exceptional relationship skills and patience
• Right to work in the UK
• A full disclosure (CRB) certificate is mandatory.
£12 per hour (4 hours per week at Lakeview to start with, plus same hourly rate when done in Orbit homes)
Closing Date 17th February 2020
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com