BVSC have launched a new monthly survey enabling the sector to quickly feed in live issues affecting their beneficiaries, their organisation and experience of local Covid-19 outbreak control planning. This helps BVSC offer the most helpful support and provides us with insight to shape and inform local planning that is happening NOW!
Respondents that have already completed the survey tell us that:
- They feel that they are currently more informed about local outbreak control planning than residents.
To improve awareness and knowledge groups would really welcome:
- Regular and succinct updates
- Information that is tailored and specific to the charity sector
- A centralised, single source of local information including local statistics
- Accessible information for those who don’t have internet access
To improve awareness and knowledge for beneficiaries this would help:
- Multi-language information, easy read, braille and BSL
- Podcasts or videos for those who need audio or visual communication
- Specific reference and consideration of those who are shielding
- One easily accessible source for authoritative and trustworthy local information
- That information is fully available- not just via the internet- including leaflets
Organisations are worried for their beneficiaries: that there is confusion because of conflicting sources of information, opinion and rumour, there is information overload, people are worried about a second wave and how people will cope, risk for those who have been isolating for a long time and that loneliness is an even bigger problem than we realised.
Organisations are worried about the focus on short term funding, future funding cuts and the impact on sustainability and finances for much needed local services when there is even more demand, continuing to translate services to digital and the impact of constant changes to planning and operational services.
Respondents also overwhelmingly agree with this statement:
“Crisis emergency funding has been very welcomed as we work through the pandemic supporting communities and providing a level of support to sustain charities and community groups. However, the sector now needs multi-year funding to support increased demand and long term sustainability.”
This is hugely valuable, and accompanied by our insight gained through our direct work with groups, can be fed into discussions such as at the Health Protection Board, Safeguarding Boards, the Health and Wellbeing Board and the Local Care Partnership Board and with funders to influence change. It will also help shape our offer of support to the sector.
Please take about 10 minutes to complete the survey- it will remain open for a month and then we will send a new one. Feel free to complete several times in one month if you have more information to share. We will send regular reminders, but will try to balance being helpful but also not clogging up your in-box!! The survey will have mainly consistent questions each month but with a different "hot topic" question each month. We will update you of themed feedback and resulting actions in our regular e-bulletins.
This is not limited to one per organisation. – we are looking for a range of perspectives, so please encourage your volunteers and Trustees to take part!
There is no requirement to leave your details and you can contact us at any time with queries or a request for information or support firstname.lastname@example.org