BVSC is the Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) set up to offer support to organisations and residents of the London Borough of Bexley. BVSC is the 'go to' place for all things community and voluntary related; whether you want to volunteer your time, are looking for volunteers or want to find out about local organisations.
If you are a new or existing group and need to know how to find training or funding for your organisation, want to know what the latest news for the voluntary sector is, or just want to make sure that your interests are being represented at the right strategic meetings - BVSC is the hub for advice, signposting and influencing the public sector.
Our Mission Statement
BVSC exists to promote voluntary and community action as a means of improving the quality of life for people in Bexley by;
- Supporting the work of voluntary organisations and volunteers in Bexley.
- Assisting them to promote their views on issues and decisions that affect them.
- Helping them to identify and respond to the unmet needs within the community.
In the course of our work we will:
- work in a trustworthy and transparent manner
- develop our expertise and strive for an excellent standard of professional behaviour from all staff, volunteers and trustees
- maintain our independence from government
- base our responses to consultations that we submit on behalf of the sector, on our consultations with groups
- help foster a culture of co-operation, understanding and tolerance within the diverse community in Bexley
- promote volunteering as an integral part of life in Bexley
- promote the role of the voluntary sector based on our belief that the sector is an equal partner and should have an active role in the planning and delivery of services in Bexley